A mother whose son died after an overdose is believed to have overdosed herself after cleaning up his drug paraphernalia.
Theresa Plummer, 69, found her son Ronald Plummer unresponsive at his house in Cambria County, Pa., earlier this month and stayed with him at the hospital as he was treated for a suspected OD.
She was hospitalized and died on Nov. 6, with her son, 45, following a day later, according to local media.
It was not known what kind of drugs were suspected in the overdose deaths, though Cambria County coroner Jeff Lees told WPXI that the elder Plummer’s death may have come after she absorbed drugs through her skin or had a reaction to drug paraphernalia while cleaning up.
“This is a caution for safety, for anyone coming into contact with any type of powder substance. You should use extreme caution and notify the proper authorities,” he said.
Full toxicology reports for the pair are expected within eight weeks.
An obituary for Theresa Plummer says that she “enjoyed rescuing animals and spending time with her family and grandchildren,” while Ronald Plummer “enjoyed the outdoors and sports.”
They are survived by the mother’s husband and three other siblings, along with their children.
By: Christopher Brennan
Source: NY Daily News